Carol Joy Holling Center is located on 320 acres near the Salt Creek and Platte River, just outside of Ashland, NE. The woodlands, prairies, wetlands, spring-fed lake, sandstone outcroppings and abundant wildlife offer a unique place set apart for exploration, discovery, sharing and learning. We have several miles of hiking trails, a lake for fishing and pond study, a star gazing deck, campfire rings, overnight accommodations and more. All types of groups are welcome including public and private schools, home school groups and church groups. Call today for free pre-event planning to help us meet your group’s individual needs.
Programs can be tailored to fit your group’s needs. Most programs last 1 hour. Here are possible programs from which you can choose:
- Where in the World: Explore camp using a GPS unit to find the “caches” hidden on our property.
- Water We Doing? A great program to introduce youth to the importance and beauty of wetlands. Youth get hands on experience of sifting and collecting aquatic life.
- Lets Get Birdy: Learn about bird adaptations while doing two fun hands-on activities.
- Home, Home on the Range: Investigate the components of habitat.
- Adventure Hiking: Are you up for an adventure? You never know what we may climb, cross, or jump.
- Owl Prowl: A night program that includes a chance to see and hear the Barred Owl.
- Can You Canoe? Students learn canoe basics and different ways to steer a canoe.
- Teambuilding 101: A shortened one-hour version of our Co-Op program. This program works to build co-operation, trust, and problem solving skills.
- Zip line: Take the ride of your life as you soar off Angel’s cliff and zoom over the depths of the ravine. For 4th grade and older.
- Other activities available:
For more information, contact Dennis Pope by email at DPope@NLOM.org or by phone at 402-944-2544.